- This event has passed.
Bloomington Jazz Fest
December 8 @ 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
- 7:00 AM – Meet at FHS
- 7:30 AM – Depart for BHSN
- 9:30 AM – Arrive at BHSN check into homeroom – Jazz 1 go eat and watch bands
- JAZZ 2
- 10:00 AM – JAZZ 2 Warm Up
- 10:30 AM –PERFORMANCE in the auditorium
- 11:00 AM –Clinic with JAZZ 2 .
- 11:30 AM – JAZZ 2 stash equipment in homeroom, eat lunch at concession stand, and watch Bands
- Jazz 1
- 11:30 AM – JAZZ 1 Meet outside the clinic room and move equipment into warm up
- 12:00 PM – PERFORMANCE in the auditorium
- 12:30 PM – Clinic with JAZZ 1
- 1:00 PM – BSN Jazz Ensemble concert in the auditorium
- 1:45 PM – AWARDS
- 2:00 PM – back to the homeroom, gather equipment, & load the bus
- 4:00 PM – Arrive back at FHS and unload
There will be risers for the trumpets and trombones in the auditorium. There will be an acoustic piano, set of conga drums, and vibraphone in the performance site. We will have to bring our own drum set and amps. The pianos will be mic’ed and there will be 2 mics available for soloists and there will also be 5 saxophone section mics.
All participants will have hands stamped for free admission, plus directors and two adults per band. All others will need to buy an admission pass: $5 adults, $2 students and senior citizens. Admission passes are available at the Registration Table.
Will be available throughout the day in the Commons Area. There will be sandwiches, pizza, chili dogs and other luncheon items plus the usual nachos, pretzels, sodas, etc. There are NO fast food restaurants within walking distance from Bloomington North
- Have EVERYTHING you need to make your instrument work properly
- Help load, unload, & carry equipment because we need ALL of it.
- Be on time (When you’re late…the entire band is late)
- Eat a good breakfast
- Bring some money for lunch
- Shaggy Rule: DO NOT GO OFF BY YOURSELF #heyjazzbandkidstaytogether
- Behave appropriately on the bus
- Dress for the weather