The directors have graciously allowed us to decorate the band rooms for semi state this year to help get the kids excited for the next few weeks.
Here are the things you need to know:
Decorating will be Thursday after the kids head to the stadium. This is meant to be a surprise to them when they come back in the band room after field practice. If there is inclement weather and the kids are in the building we will decorate Friday during practice from 3-6 pm.
- We will be in the Percussion Room. Please do not exceed this space or hang things so high they are difficult to take down.
- Include the entire section (front ensemble, basses, snares, tenors, mini-tenors) in your decorating idea.
- Items must be attached to wall with this blue sticky tak. No exceptions. No scotch tape, duct tape or glue may be used on walls. Sticky tak will not be provided. amazon.com/Loctite-Fun-Tak-Mounting-2-Ounce-1865809/dp/B018A3AG0W
- Items must be on the wall and not on the floor or protrude from the walls. Posters and balloons are acceptable ideas, but remember, the kids still nee practice space and we don’t want to overwhelm the directors.
- Decorating must be completed by 9:00 pm sharp or 6 pm sharp if done on Friday. That way it is ready for when the kids enter the building.
- Angela Lurton had a fantastic idea to use the decorations (image below) and put each percussionist’s name on thems somehow. We need someone to prepare names (email me if interest), but please make sure every student’s name is included.
- Keep it fun, clean and inclusive. BE SWEET!