What to Expect at Football Games (2018)
It’s time to show your school spirit!
In the above video, Fishers Tiger Band directors Chad Kohler & Todd McCready discuss the expectations and culture of FHS football games. This is great info for new Fishers Tiger Band parents!
As we approach our first football game at Fishers High School, here are some important things to know
Info about Game & Prep:
- Students need to arrive at school in the morning with everything they need for the game (shirt, shoes, etc.)
- There is a short rehearsal after school from 3:15 to 4:15 pm.
- The band will have a free dinner provided for them (thank you Boosters!).
- The game starts at 7:00 PM.
- The band performs a pre game show at the beginning.
- The band performs stand tunes throughout the entire game to cheer on our Tigers!
- The band performs their full competition show during half-time (except for senior night, when they perform at the end).
- Band members will be able to leave about 30 minutes after the game is completed. They need to get all the equipment back into the band room, and there is normally a brief pep talk by the band directors before departure.
- The band will stay for the entire game and cheer on our Tiger Football Team.
- The band only plays at home games, we do not travel to away games.
- The band will fully participate in post season home games, so stay tuned to Fishers Athletics to see if the football team advances in the post season.
Tips for Parents and Supporters:
- Come early and tailgate with the football boosters!
- You will need buy tickets at the gate for admittance for the games.
- You don’t have to be a football fan to come out and enjoy the game. It’s a great atmosphere filled with school spirit and good vibes. There will be a large amount of other Fishers Tiger Band parents in the stands, so you will not be alone in cheering the band on.
- You should wear your band spirit wear, this is why you bought it!
- There is plenty of room in the stands for your family and friends to come.
- There is a full concession stand, and on cold nights there should be warm coffee and drinks!
- Did we mention that you will have fun?