Wake the Kids, call the neighbors because it’s JAZZ BAND TIME!
Yes, the FHS Jazz Bands are in full swing. This year we have had a record number of students wanting to play. So, we were able to form TWO Jazz Lab Bands that are meeting after school! They are cleverly named Jazz Lab 137 & Jazz Lab 142. These two Bands along with the Jazz Ensemble and Combos means that Jazz is alive and well in Tiger town. The students have been working hard and sounding GREAT and just in time for a very busy month of Jazz performances.
Saturday February 10th – Pendleton Heights Jazz Festival
- ALL of the Jazz Bands will perform and have a short clinic with a local Jazz artist (see the itinerary for times)
- Saxophonist,Composer, and arranger Mike Tomaro will be the guest artist on the evening concert (www.miketomaro.com).
- CONGRATULATIONS to the five FHS students that were selected to be in the Festival Honor Band
- Kyra King – Tenor Saxophone
- Kyle Herke – Trumpet
- Ethan Lehman – Triombone
- Jenna Burow – Bass
- Gabe Glover – Drum Set
- Thursday February 15th – African American History Celebration
- Jazz Combos will perform for this exciting event. Come out and hear the music, see the displays, and celebrate!
- Download the Full Itinerary for Pendleton (PDF)
Thursday & Friday February 22 & 23 – Winter One Act Plays
Our Jazz Combos have once again connected with the FHS Theater people and will perform prior to the show and at intermission both nights
Friday March 2nd – ISSMA Jazz contest
Jazz Ensemble and Lab Band 137 will travel to Brownsburg to compete in the ISSMA Jazz contest. Jazz Ensemble hopes to qualify for State Finals March 16th.
Saturday March 3rd – Ball State University Dimensions in Jazz Festival
- ALL of the Jazz Bands and Combo will perform and have a short clinic with a local Jazz artist (itinerary will be out soon)
- There will be many Jazz Masterclasses given by local artists throughout the day as well
- Saxophonist and Dave Matthews Phenom Jeff Coffin will be the Guest artist for that festival (www.jeffcoffin.com)
The Jazz store is now open until February 9. These items are for ALL Fishers
Jazz enthusiasts, past, present and future! If paying by check please make it to Go Tell Graphics and turn in at pickup.
Order your spirit wear here
Any questions email or text email@example.com, 317-850-2378.